Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Holes in curved sheet metal surface

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thanks for all the great tips. This is the way I will do this from now on. I didn't know about the unbend command. I do have a follow up question just for the conversation. Using the tangential plane and hole command you get a distorted hole. If you use the tangential plane with a countersunk hole the resulting drafting hole is a regular hole. I have a drawing showing the difference, but I am not sure how to attach it to a reply. It seems to be the hole command should give you a hole as if you punched it in the flat. The normal cut command should give you a hole that is round when rolled up. Right now both commands give you same results. Thanks for all of the advice.

Re: Holes in curved sheet metal surface

Experimenter
Experimenter
I did find another work around for this. If I want to put a 1/2" hole I make a countersink hole with the inside 1/2" and outside of the countersink 0.504". On the drawing it looks just a thick line hole and it does consider the 1/2" a real hole. I don't know if this is a glitch, but I will take what I can get. Thanks for the help.

Rfaber