Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home tab vs Sketching tab

Phenom
Phenom

OK. So what is the point between the Home Tab with Draw, Relate and Dimension groups and the Sketching Tab with its Draw, Relate and Dimension groups? Synchronous mode.

In NX we have Direct Sketch which allows for quick sketching and then we have the sketcher task environment. Direct Sketch provides provides basic sketching functions and no undo capabilities. The full sketch task environment provides full sketch capabilities along with "mini-Undo" functionality. 

I'm not seeing much difference between the two tab functions in SE. Enlighten me. What am I missing?

3 REPLIES

Re: Home tab vs Sketching tab

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I think you could eliminate the draw and relate sections on one or the other if you wanted. Same with dimension and annotation. If there's room I'd rather have them than have to switch tabs all the time.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I do not believe there to be any functional difference.   Simply exposed commands in 2 locations...  I'm sure that as we dig deeper we would note specifically which tools are unique to one tab vs the other but I do not know of any reason to choose one over the other...   The Home tab is essentially a collection of more commonly used commands.

My guess is that this might be for usability or what is called "The Golden Hour" for new users???

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7

You can always turn remove the sketching tab with your own theme if you needed to