Home use license for ST8 while still using ST7 at work

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Hello,

With the 1st service pack out, I'm planning on installing ST8 on my Surface to try out at home.  I'm using ST7 at work and will still do so for the time being- I'm in the middle of several projects and don't want to switch just yet.

What are the proper steps to activate a home license for ST8 without disrupting my work license for ST7.

Thanks,

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1
8 REPLIES

Re: Home use license for ST8 while still using ST7 at work

Phenom
Phenom
Get a 45-day trial license and start with that first. That will save the initial hassle.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
The following steps instruct you in the product license activation process. This process is used for node-locked, travel, and home use licenses.

1.       Browse to the License Management web site: https://www2.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/LicenseManagement/Application

2.       Enter your WebKey Username and Password. Click Sign In.

3.       On the License Management page, click Product Activation.

4.       Choose the product and version you wish to activate. 

a.       NOTE: By expanding the version information, you can also select Travel and Home Use license types (if authorized).

5.       Click Continue.

6.       Click Create New Machine to activate a machine and assign products to it.

7.       Enter the name of the machine you wish to create. Keep it simple, its only a description.

8.       Enter the SE_CID number (volume id) of the machine you identified.

The SE_CID number is shown in the upper right corner of the Solid Edge License Utility delivered

with Solid Edge. Note: If you are using the machine you are activating, you can click Get Number in the License Management dialog box to retrieve your SE_CID number.

9.       Click Create to generate your new license.

10.   Click Assign Products to add products to the newly created machine.

11.   Once the machine name appears with the appropriate list of products, click Finish.

12.   Click Generate License

13.   Complete the activation by saving a copy of your license file to disk.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

What Laura is saying is that there should be no issue with generating an ST8 home use license (using the steps provided) while still running ST7 on your production machine ;- )

PLM World Member Phenom

Hello,

Thanks for the responses!  I should have mentioned that I already have ST7 and a home license for it running on my Surface.  The home license is about to expire and I thought it would be a good time to try out ST8.  I just want to make sure I don't to anything to disrupt my ST7 license on my work machine.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

Siemens Phenom

Nope, not a problem.  You can run the ST8 home use license and *not* disrupt your ST7 work license.  

PLM World Member Phenom

Thanks!  That will give me something to try out this weekend.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

Siemens Phenom

Kyle

If you will PM me your sold-to # I will make sure that you will be able to have an ST8 home use license for this weekend.

Regards,

-Dave

PLM World Member Phenom

Hello,

I just received an email with a home use license!  Thanks for all the help and quick response!

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1