Solved! Go to solution

Hotkeys for switch draft sheets up and down?

Hi, are there any hotkeys available to switch the previous or the next draft sheet in a multisheet draft file? I've tried PgUp/PgDn or arrows (also with Ctrl) but not working.

I use sometimes more than 20 pages in a draft and quite slow to turn pages with mouse.

12 REPLIES

Re: Hotkeys for switch draft sheets up and down?

I did ask many release ago to add this hot keys but unfortunately nobody heard me.

MS Office standard keys are CTRL+PgUp and CTRL+PgDn, we got the Ribbon Bar from Office why not get also the sweet things ?

Hi, Thanks for the reply, but I have already tried that. The problem is there are not such a command in the commands list to assign with a key. I see for example 'Insert new sheet' but "Show previous/next sheet'  or something like that is missing.

This kind of stuff has not been handled for SE yet. The core of SE has been around forever, but Siemens is just now getting some momentum that all of us on the forum hopes allows many of the details of the software use become slick.

Maybe it would be easier to name softwares that do have this hotkey function. I don't think Acad does, Draftsight doesn't, even Excel doesn't as far as I can tell. SolidWorks, Creo, etc.?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

[ Edited ]

I do use CTRL + PgDn and CTRL + PgUp to jump from a page\sheet on:

MsWord

MsExcel

MsPowerpoint

Adobe Reader

I don't use because it doesn't work on:

Solid Edge

This is the software I regularly use to work and only Solid Edge miss it.

My bad with Excel.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

As I was getting started, I was very angry I could not use my most common set of hotkeys from every other program, specifically:

ALT-F, O    open

ALT-F, S    save

ALT-F, A    Save as

ALT-F, X    close, no save

Those hotkeys work in:

All Microsoft and Adobe and Autodesk products. At one time these were requirements to become a windows program.

I have resorted to use the mouse and pull down menu's for those functions in SE rather than reprogram about 100,000 hours of using those hotkeys.

There is no method to program them for SE that way.

12GAGE wrote:

As I was getting started, I was very angry I could not use my most common set of hotkeys from every other program, specifically:

ALT-F, O    open

ALT-F, S    save

ALT-F, A    Save as

ALT-F, X    close, no save

Those hotkeys work in:

All Microsoft and Adobe and Autodesk products. At one time these were requirements to become a windows program.

I have resorted to use the mouse and pull down menu's for those functions in SE rather than reprogram about 100,000 hours of using those hotkeys.

There is no method to program them for SE that way.

These are standard Windows hotkeys

Ctrl+N= New

Ctrl+O= Open

Ctrl+S= Save

Ctrl+P= Print

Ctrl+Z= Undo

Ctrl+Y= Redo

To use the ALT keys,

ALT+A, A = Save As

ALT+A, O = Open

ALT+A, S = Save

and so on

The ALT keys enable you to follow the ribbon interface using the keyboard. So you're ditching keyboard shortcuts over the difference between an A and an F? Is learning something new that painful?

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.