How can I automate my .dft files to .pdf?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

Im trying to figure a way to automate our .dft files to .pdf. We are hoping to bypass the save as process to save time. If there are any ideas or softwares solutions that could help I would appretiate it.

Thanks,

Chris G. 

8 REPLIES

Re: How can I automate my .dft files to .pdf?

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Chris:

You can use the Batch.exe program found in the Custom folder of Solid Edge if you are looking for bulk export of Drafts to PDF. The folder location is:

\Program Files\Solid Edge STn\Custom\Batch\Bin\

~Tushar

Betreff: How can I automate my .dft files to .pdf?

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I think this is an request caming up several times.

At the moment I can offer You a solution SE_Export.

This is a cost fee macro, where You can define wether a PDF and/or DXf file will be created,
where it should be saved (directory) and which name it should have using file name and/or properties of the draft.

Since it is not an AddIn it will not run automatically before saving but there is an entry in the definition INI file where You can decide wether or not the draft will be saved after running the macro.

So You can use that macro instead of the satndrad draft save function and will recieve a PDF and/or DXF when and where ever you want it.

You either can find it on http://cadcam-consult. com and Solid Edge Free Tools - SE_Export

or since it is a very small routine I will it post directly here too.

http://cadcam-consult.com/Files/Solid_Edge/SE_PDF.zip

Take a look into the INI file where all the settings are done

There is an English explanation of every field and variable too!

If there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: How can I automate my .dft files to .pdf?

Legend
Legend

I just put a button on my ribbon bar that saves pdf when I have draft open. I have to click twice, once the button to save as pdf, and another click to accept putting it in the same folder as my draft. If you have another idea of automatic, I don't have a solution.

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You can use the command line translator, SolidEdgeTranslationServices.exe, and use a watched folder utility to monitor the folder for changed files to trigger the command line translation.  That or set up a scheduled task to scan the folders for changed Solid Edge files and pass those through to the command line translator.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I would love to be able to tag 50 files  and say "print them to PDF here, PDF-filename=draft file name."

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

With no files open, you can use the Print Drawings command under the SE button to print a bunch of drawings to a PDF Printer.  On Windows 10 at least, there is a Microsoft Print to PDF printer listed now...

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You can do this using the batch_PDF_Export in the macro directory SE_PDF

All the definitions like directory nams and path, file names etc. are teh same as the interactive SE_Exprot will use.

Here You can choose a list of files, a directory or a directory and all sub to be proceeded for PDF export

regards
Wolfgang

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

We just use the batch program. We change our printer to adobe PDF and off we go. just got to remember after to change it back to the default printer