How can I download solid edge on my home computer using my license at work

How can I  download solid edge on my home computer using my license at work

5 REPLIES

Hi there,   Consult your VAR about obtaining an "At Home...

Hi there,

Consult your VAR about obtaining an "At Home License".

Also, here's some info on doing this yourself, if you have access to all the relevent information...and such is applicable to your site.

http://allyplm.com/knowledgebase/2013/4/2/how-to-get-a-home-use-license-for-solid-edge 

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Re: Hi there, Consult your VAR about obtaining an "At Home...

Hi,

what is the difference between DXF-, STP-files generated by Home Use License?

Are they fully functional or is it necessera to open these files and re-save them per the floating license of the network?

It could be helpful if necessera we shoud do some work without the Travel License because of it's short time availability -30 days- .

Yasser

YD wrote:

Hi,

what is the difference between DXF-, STP-files generated by Home Use License?

Hi there,

There is no difference......the installed system and capabilities is the same [albeit a "Vanilla" install...you'll need to duplicate any customizations to get the same result as your work system] it is only the licensing that is different.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Hi,

Thanks Sean,

Delivering for example DXF-, STP-Files generated with Home Use License to Customers could not be problematic?

Just Drafts would have the Watermark, that could be avoided with open in save them withing the physical network.

Yasser

YD wrote:

Hi,

Thanks Sean,

Delivering for example DXF-, STP-Files generated with Home Use License to Customers could not be problematic?

Just Drafts would have the Watermark, that could be avoided with open in save them withing the physical network.

Yasser

Yes, just the draft is the only output affected by the licensing.....the neutral formats are exactly the same as the commercial licence.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10