Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get my Draft file properties to inherit the properties of the part model?

Builder
Builder

A few years ago....well, more than a few years ago, Barham Software offered up an add-in that allowed a user to automate some simple processes.  The name of it is TreadTools.  Problem is it hasn't been updated and Solid Edge no longer recognizes it as an add-in.  I really liked the part of it where the draft file inherit the properties of the part model.  Is anyone out there doing this currently?  We are copying and pasting right now while in property manager.  But if we could get it to do this with as little input from the user as possible, it would be great.  We are currently on ST10.

Thanks!

Brian C.

15 REPLIES

Betreff: How can I get my Draft file properties to inherit the properties of the part model?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @BrianC

I believe there is a similar tool by a German partner.

I will try to find it and post the link here.

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: How can I get my Draft file properties to inherit the properties of the part model?

Hi @BrianC

You should try following link

http://www.incobase.de/download_soft/AcCpyProps_V100.zip

As You can see it is one of modengs (we still remember and always will do) macros.

I have not tested it with a current version of SE.

regards
Wolfgang

Builder
Builder
Hi @hawcad!

Thanks for finding that. I will check it out and let you know how it works.

Brian C.

Could this Barham tool not be working because he needs to install view and markup to get the 32 bit bits of code.?

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Builder
Builder

@hawcad,

I tried installing the add-in but no luck.  After I ran the executable, I rebooted and started SE.  The only thing that shows up in the "Add-in" dialog box is my 3D input device. Maybe its something I am doing during the install?

Brian C.

Builder
Builder

Hi @bshand

So maybe I need to install view and markup?  I don't think its available with ST10, is it?

Brian C.

I got it from the Siemens website. https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/

Courtesy of @uk_dave from another thread.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Builder
Builder

Thanks @bshand.  I'll give it a shot.

Brian C.

Re: How can I get my Draft file properties to inherit the properties of the part model?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

TreadTools stopped working when 64-bit came along. I contacted them a while ago and they chose not to update it. When I was at Robbins, I had a new add-in created to replace that same functionality. Tread Corp has since bought a copy of that tool from the same developer to replace their old TreadTools add-in. I don't know of anything free that will do it. I can contact the developer to get some details on the add-in if you want it.

Jamie