How can I increase the length without loosing the thickness from bottom and top part?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hey guys,

I am trying to increase the length from 48 to 53mm without loosing the thickness from top and bottom. I tried to simply change 48 to 53 from protusion but either top or bottom flange looses thickness.support 1.pngsupport 2.pngsupport 3.jpg

3 REPLIES

Re: How can I increase the length without loosing the thickness from bottom and top part?

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

In your 3rd picture, click on the blue dimension that says 3.07 and then when the edit dialog box appears, click the lock symbol. This will lock that thickness value down for you so it won't change when you adjust your other dimension from 48 to 53. You can also do the same thing on the bottom of the part. 

Re: How can I increase the length without loosing the thickness from bottom and top part?

Pioneer
Pioneer
thank you. I tried it before but then the conical bottom part became flat. I thought to take the dimension from nut to the top of the bottom surface and locked it, then click on 48 and choose to extend to bottom and it worked.. Smiley Very Happy had a long day couldn't thought of it before lol

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Aeroeng

a box selection of the upper surfaces followed by a change of that dimension doesn't do exactly what You request?

This IMHO should be no problem.

That mean a simply "stretch" as in former times with 2D CAD

regards
Wolfgang