How can I increase the number of used cpu cores?

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi. I'm using Solid Edge ST6 64bit on Win7 64 bit. My computer has an i5 @3,5 Ghz and 8 Gb RAM, my collegues is using a workstation. I've noticed, that on both systems the rendering (save as image) takes quite long if you want to have a nice high resolution picture (with shaddows and so on). Only one cpu core is used. For the FEA stress test I've already increased the number of available cpu cores, where can I find a config-file or anything like that in which I can increase the number of cpu cores? Thanks in advance and best regards, Lorarius
4 REPLIES

AFAIK, there is no way to do this in Solid Edge.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

AFAIK, there is no way to do this in Solid Edge.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Re: AFAIK, there is no way to do this in Solid Edge.

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thanks for your answer, but I don't like it. :-) There has to be a way - all of the workstations would be useless... Can anyone of the Solid Edge Programm Developers answer also? Maybe it works with an additional programm? I thought there should be something on the market which simulates one big core by combining a few cpu cores and showing it as one core to the programm - then I could tell SE to use this one simulated core... Thanks and best regards, Lorarius

Hi Lorarius,   This will help:   You have to set Anti-al...

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Lorarius,

This will help:

You have to set Anti-aliasing option in ERA to use all cores for rendering.

There are some RCF files (yyy:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST6\Simulation\Common\NXNastranRCFiles\) where you can set multicore supporting.

BR,

Imi

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Re: Hi Lorarius,   This will help:   You have to set Anti-al...

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi Imics,
thanks a lot. It helps a bit - but is there really no additional/alternative way?