Solved! Go to solution

How can I make flanges off of a tab at non 90-degree angles?

Sorry the question is a bit vague, but what I'm trying to do is create a flange off of an edge of a tab that isn't perpindicular to the other edges, then have another side that mirrors it.
What I've done in the picture (which is just an extreme example of what I'm trying to do) is make a tab that is actually one of the sides, make a flange from the angled edge, and then make another second flange without it throwing it 90-degrees.

I want both of the sides to be identical. The circle is the picture is the flange that I'd like to move at an angle like the first side. Im still a bit novice so thanks for any help Man Very Happy

ummm, Hi
4 REPLIES

Re: How can I make flanges off of a tab at non 90-degree angles?

Well I was able to finish modeling the part as I needed to but I went about it another way. I ended up making the original tab and the consecutive flanges larger than they needed to be. Then I drew the profile for a cutout, located it so it would have extra material on all sides, and passed the cut through-all.
It seemed easy once I realized how to do this. But if there is somehow a way to set the flanges to behave as I originally intended I would interested to know how to do so.
ummm, Hi

You've posted this question in the general Community Q&A....

You've posted this question in the general Community Q&A.   Let me know what product you are using, and I'll move it to the appropriate area.

- - - -
Jerry Sarfati
Siemens PLM Software

Re: You've posted this question in the general Community Q&A....

[ Edited ]

SolidEdgeST6
my apologies

ummm, Hi
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nic
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

cIf ordered, edit the flange profile and make the lines y...

cIf ordered, edit the flange profile and make the lines you want angle the same as the other flange.  If Synchronous, select the flange edges and use the face relationships to make them coplanar to the other flange edges.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10