How can I make this circular section thin walled conical shape?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Dear all,

I am looking for ways to make circular section conical but i want it to be thin walled.  I couldnt use thin wall command since it gives an error. You can see the cross section and the whole part design below. I cant click and draft the circular plane since it interacts with the  walls of the design.  Top part is already conical and I want it to continue to the bottom part to form like a saucer shape. The reason why I want to make it conical so when I 3d print, it uses less support material since it is a circular structure rather then a sharp angled structureconicalshape.pnghow to make it conical.png

2 REPLIES

Betreff: How can I make this circular section thin walled conical shape?

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @Aeroeng

without having the part completey open it gets hard to say what will work and what not.

But first of all I can recommend to split the bodies into multibodies, so that certain features only affects certain bodies.

This normally make the job easier.

And in the same matter, try to change the order of how You have modeled Your part.

Try to make the draft (conic) earlier in tree so that there will be no effects to existing features like the thread, etc.

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: How can I make this circular section thin walled conical shape?

Pioneer
Pioneer
I made a triangle with hypotenus going to the mid section of the profile and revolved it and I formed the cone. then I extended the hole.