How can we generate parting surface for steering wheel..?

Attached the igs file for steering wheel. Also attached the images as per the requirement.

Can we do it in solidedge or We need to use NX for the same.

3 REPLIES

Re: How can we generate parting surface for steering wheel..?

Krunal wrote:

Attached the igs file for steering wheel. Also attached the images as per the requirement.

Can we do it in solidedge or We need to use NX for the same.

Yes you can do it in Solid Edge, and if you regularly make molds I would suggest to have a look at the MoldTool addIn for Solid Edge.

[ Edited ]

Hi there @Krunal,

I haven't done this sort of work for a long time, but back then, we were using Rhino to do the tooling split surface generation. Transferring it back to Solid Edge for the rest of the mold tooling design, and rotary R.I.M machine design, etc.

Steering Wheel - Wildcat [Euro-3]Steering Wheel - Wildcat [Euro-3]

I would think nowadays, I could do all of this inside Solid Edge, in a very similar fashion as before....with the surfacing tools that have developed since back then.....obviously, an advanced design tool like NX, will eat this sort of work up.

Have you looked at the commands available for this in the "Modify Surfaces" group?...namely, "Parting Split", "Parting Surface" & "Offset Edge".

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Hi,

have You tried to do it in Solid Edge before doing it with Rhino?

Without opening the example file (I'm not at a SE computer at the moment), but due to the many splits I've done in the past with SE, I think this should be possible to do within SE in more or less the same way and without any difficulties.

I will test it when back in the office later the day

regards
Wolfgang