How disabile perspective modification?

Hi!
Often I accidentally change the perspective view when I modelling, because I press Ctrl + shift buttons + rotate the mouse wheel.
Can I disable this shortcut or customize it with an other function?
Thanks!
13 REPLIES

Re: How disabile perspective modification?

Can I ask why you frequently press control + shift in the first place?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

when I zoom in, out , rotate and move the model view I use the mouse wheel with Ctrl and shift button, but some time I press these buttons at the same time and when I push the mouse wheel occasionally I rotate the wheel for 1 step, and the perspective view starts

OK. I sometimes use shift and the mouse to pan but I never touch control to manipulate the view. Not sure why you need to.

Bruce Shand

I use Ctrl + mouse wheel press for zoom in zoom out.
I can use the right mouse button but I like mouse wheel.

Ctrl+mouse wheel does nothing for me. I just rotate the mouse wheel for zooming.

Bruce Shand

Betreff: How disabile perspective modification?

Hi @Cek

here is my advice which I give to every trainee in my courses:

Use the RMB (Right Mouse Button) together with a key on keyboard (CTRL, Shift and ALT) rather than the MMB (Middle Mouse Button) which normally today is a wheel and not so easy to use.

If You get familiary with the RMB You wil see the advandages over MMB

Besides that it als works as well with every 2 button mouse - OK there are not so many in use but they are.

There is only one situation where You have to use the MMB and this is when it is to define a rotation point/axis for mouse rotation with - Yes - the RMB

regards
Wolfgang

I've used the middle mouse button for zooming for years. Not sure what you mean by "advantage" of other means. With your method I have to put my coffee down before zooming. Not cool.

Bruce Shand

Hi @bshand

the advantage I see is to not get in the problem to create perspective views.

And wether to click the MMB (wheel) or the RMB seems for me not be be that big difference.

There only is the plus, that it is no wheel only a button.

regards
Wolfgang

I don't get it. I only turn the mouse wheel for zoom so I never have the accidental perspective problem. In fact I never even knew about that possibility until this post.

Bruce Shand