How do I change the angle on this flange?

Builder
Builder

Hello,

I have this odd, twisted part. I am trying to change the 10 degree angle to 0 degree flush.

This is not a friendly part. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES

Re: How do I change the angle on this flange?

i think you'd be best to delete (cut out, or what ever it takes) the transition region.

then place the tip where needed.  do this all in sync and you are left with 2 bodies

switch to ordered and a loft a flange between the 2 bodies.

EDIT:  not so easy.  i think you will need to create the transition as a part feature and thus it will not flatten...  lets wait and see what the sheetmetal gurus come up with...

easy enough to edit the the tip and recreate the transition but as a part feature it wont flatten...???

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

I would think a modified approach to what @Imics did with your last twisted component would work here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gltzg6zXVOs&feature=youtu.be

...the trick would be in placing the tab correctly in order to make the twist at the 10⁰ tilt. Probably best to use sketch element[s]....as these will aid placement of the steering wheel.

I'll try to take a look at the process a bit later in the day, if nobody else has already done so.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Amazing what a fresh look [after work] at this post can do. Robot wink

I see you want it to be a flat & flush,....so it will be identical to the video Imi made for you. Which means re-modelling the part to create the twist & end. [un-twist using the steering wheel to enable making the flat pattern]

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Builder
Builder

I appreciate it guys. I was just wondering if there was an alternative method, perhaps using the steering wheel and the live rules. I played with the steering wheel just to see if I could change the angle in sync. I was not succesful, haha.