Solved! Go to solution

How do I change the default column data setting?

[ Edited ]

I am using ST6 and would like to change, or create a new, default column data displayed in the table when creating a parts lists. I think I asked the wrong question when I referred to Styles, I just assumed that I would have to change them through that but that may not be.  I included pictures this time to help explain what I want to do.

8 REPLIES

Bit of a convoluted path, so hopefully the attached image...

Bit of a convoluted path, so hopefully the attached image will be clear enough....

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP8] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Re: Bit of a convoluted path, so hopefully the attached image...

[ Edited ]

Nope, I know how to do that. I'm talking about the Columns for parts lists. The default columns displayed are not the ones I wish to use. Perhaps I'm mistaken about going through Styles. I don't wish to change the text or the formatting, only the default Column Data that is displayed when creating a parts list.  My fault, I assumed that the settings change would have to be through the Styles, but that may not be the case.

Guessing you will want to change this in your drawing template, so all drawings will be created with these columns.
Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

That is correct. Would save me loads of time in the long run.
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author marnold3
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Aha!.....what you need to do is confgure the list[s] as y...

Aha!.....what you need to do is confgure the list[s] as you want, give it [them] a title, then hit "Save"....and then "Delete" all that are not used.

See my image,....lists available only consist of the three I have made, and the first one [being alpha numericly stacked] is the default, but easily selected in the drop down before placing in the draft.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP8] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Re: Aha!.....what you need to do is confgure the list[s] as y...

I apologize for the delayed response, I have been redirected into other things that took priority for a while. I haven't been able to test it out yet but from the looks of it I think your right. I've recently found other similar things involving that process of saving the setting, such as placing drawing views, that makes me believe you found the solution. I will be getting the chance to test that out in the next day or so and will let you know how it works out for me. I really appreciate the help!
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author marnold3
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

I am not sure if you really got this one answered. I thin...

I am not sure if you really got this one answered.

I think that the key word here is "default" - every time you open Parts List you want it to appear with your settings.

If so it is very simple. Solid Edge defaults to the dimensioning style declared for your draft template.

So if your template is ISO then the Parts List saved setting default will be ISO.

In your case I guess that your drawing standard is ANSI. Then all you have to do is to set up your columns then go to the General tab and click Save to save your defaults under the ANSI style.

I hope that this solves your problem.

Cheers

Mark

Re: Aha!.....what you need to do is confgure the list[s] as y...

That did it. Thanks again!