How do I convert a Big Assembly with many sub-Ass to a single part or a dummy part orsurface model

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

This is basicaly to avoid the full detail of the Assembly to the customer ...

Can any one help me ??

Tried many way ..

converted to STEP and opened as part 

or saving from Simmpilified Assemply  as part or parasolid

Thank U in advance ... !

Lg. Vr

MfG -
Viv
5 REPLIES

Simplified Assembly would be the way to go.  ST6 brought...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Simplified Assembly would be the way to go.  ST6 brought some nice features to this that helps alot, but basically create your simplified assembly and then right click on the Simplified Assembly node and Save As to a Part file.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Re: Simplified Assembly would be the way to go.  ST6 brought...

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
ThanX Gru.. But Simplified assembly is not working perfectly ... Even though you Simplify the assembly. when you export it to STEP or Prasolid .. Using these files (step , parasolid)all the detail design can be withdrawn from the Data which I do not want. Example JT is good one .. I want to have a Only the external visulized model and external dimension.. and do not want to show my individual part structure ... or assembly
MfG -
Viv

PLM World Member Master PLM World Member Master
PLM World Member Master
Gru?

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkWB-tI5ilsSDqOdOO0goEDm-3WFgWNqrK8GtANoMM6rQ-FwRH4w
John J Bazaar
Mgr Development & Technology
ACI Services Inc

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Can anyone say "SHRINKWRAP"? [sorry, but THIS has been on the wish list for a very long time]
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I've been playing around with the simplified assembly features in SE. They are slowly heading in the right direction with it but it still takes a fair amount of extra modeling work to represent
more complex shapes in the simplified environment. I recently obtained a very detailed GM engine model for a project I'm building in my spare time and needed to reduce the complexity while maintaining the boss locations of the block to use the fabulous frame enhancements in ST6. That was a bear to simplify to my satisfaction. It would be terrific if
the SE team could come up with a "shrinkwrap" feature. Something that can handle more complex geometry in a single click. I bet it's not easy to code a feature like that.