Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I save my personal settings to the network and get them on another computer?

Creator
Creator

7 REPLIES 7

Betreff: How do I save my personal settings to the network and get them on another computer?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @JustinMc 

You will find an application under the Solid Edge program entries for saving and restoring Your settings and preferenes.

I can not tell You what the original and correct English name will be but look under the Solid Edge group for "Settings and Preferences Wizzard"

This will allow You to save Your settings and preferences (files for user interface and templates)

Further You can do it the old fashioned way, we did before this tool was created, You can export Your Current User Settings of the registry and import it on the second computer.

regards
Wolfgang

Re: How do I save my personal settings to the network and get them on another computer?

@JustinMc Use the "Settings and Preferences Wizard" found under the Siemens Solid Edge start menu area.

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP5, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Re: How do I save my personal settings to the network and get them on another computer?

Hi @KennyG 

this time a was 20 seconds ahead!

Smiley Wink

regards
Wolfgang

Creator
Creator

I read that somewhere but I can not find that Preference Wizard. 

Hi @JustinMc 

I only can show it to You with the German Windows interface:

20190521_1558.png

But this should lead You to Yours.

regards
Wolfgang

Creator
Creator

Thank you, something that simple was driving me crazy.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The English version...

2019-05-21 15_12_21-Greenshot.png

If you do not have this menu then confirm your Solid Edge version as the Settings & preferences wizard is a fairly new addition.