How do I stop parts with Assembly driven features from turning blue?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi, 

I've asked this before in the last couple of years, but no one knew the answer. So I'm asking again hoping someone has ran across it too.

When I create an Assembly Driven Feature, primarily holes and cutouts, the parts containing the feature will often turn blue. But it doesn't always happen and not always right away. It doesn't seem to hurt anything, just annoying. I've checked the Settings/Options, part face colors, face overrides, and can't find a way to turn it off. If the part is opened, (appears normal) select Part Painter, None, Body and Save, upon returning to the assembly, the part with appear normal again...for awhile.

Thoughts appreciated and thanks,

Michele

4 REPLIES

Re: How do I stop parts with Assembly driven features from turning blue?

Genius
Genius
It is caused by different face styles between your part file and assembly file. The assembly feature is obviously made in the assembly so the assembly file needs to paint the new face, but doesn't really have access to the part files or their styles.

It can be caused by the assembly style and part style of the SAME NAME not having the same attributes, or because the assembly does not have the same face style, and looks to another style to paint it.

Pioneer
Pioneer

That makes sence...but how do I make it use the part face style instead? I have selected "Use individual part styles" in the Color Manager.  Just made an observation, seems to happen when I place multiple features through a single part.

Genius
Genius
It's been a while Michele since I played with it much, but as far as I remember, the assembly file cannot access the part file styles to use them to paint the new faces created in the assembly feature. If you want the part style to show up in the assembly feature, then you can copy the style across using the style organiser.

Styles>Style Organizer>Face Styles> and it generally allows you to copy back and forth to the material library. However you can browse and select the part file to copy from. Once you have the part face style in the assembly file, you should then be able to paint your new face the colour you want, or, within Colour (color) Manager you can pick a few options.

Also be on the lookout if your face style references a bitmap. Those links are fragile and it might have broken...

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thanks so much. This gives me some good info to work with.