Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How do i get st6 free2d license?

Experimenter
Experimenter
I have not used solid works 2d in 3 years, but need to update some drawings. I have downloaded the latest version from the free2d page, which is st6. I go through the setup process and can not get past the license page. I select need to visit siemans website, enter my webkey info, go to manage licence and page will not load only refreshes current page. I have read many differnt posts and most are 5 or more years old. I went though the solidedge program file and there is a selicense.dat file.
How do i get this wonderful program to work? Help me please.
9 REPLIES

Betreff: How do i get st6 free2d license?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Todd1

there are a lot of "Wows" here in Your request!

@Todd1schrieb:
I have not used solid works 2d in 3 years, but need to update some drawings. I have downloaded the latest version from the free2d page, which is st6. I go through the setup process and can not get past the license page. I select need to visit siemans website, enter my webkey info, go to manage licence and page will not load only refreshes current page. I have read many differnt posts and most are 5 or more years old. I went though the solidedge program file and there is a selicense.dat file.
How do i get this wonderful program to work? Help me please.

Solid Works?

ST6?

the best answer I can give is, to download the current ST10 version of Solid Edge - the free 2D - and simply use it.

It will open Your old files too as well as it will to it for more current files.

And it has a lot of improvements over the old ST6

regards
Wolfgang

Experimenter
Experimenter
In the program files it displays the download as st6 I'm not sure if it did download st10 however I used the direct link on the website and I installed this to a new computer so there were no old files from a previous version

Hi @Todd1

if You just go to the Siemens Solid Edge homepage and do the Free 2D download should bring You the ST10 with MP3

regards
Wolfgang

Hi @Todd1

and using best friend google will bring You taht result:

https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/plmapp/education/solid-edge/en_us/free-software/free-2d-cad

20180329_1734.PNG

regards
Wolfgang

Experimenter
Experimenter
Im 90% sure that was the page i used to download. I will uninstall and download again to be sure....will let you know what happens....thank you for your response.

Experimenter
Experimenter
I used your link to download file. However i can not open file. Keep getting prompted by windows 7 pro asking what program to use to open file....I double checked that my windows was up to date and it is. I also tried downloading to a different location and that did not help. Any ideas? The file size is 2.57gb but file type is unknown.

Experimenter
Experimenter
Good god.....i figured out not to use windows internet explore..IE....and use google chrome to download...was able to install...now i am back where i started and i need a license for the free down load of st10....what do i do? This is not fun.

Hi there @Todd1,

It's pretty easy, really........run "License Utility" from the Solid Edge group in Windows programs list.....then select the bottom option as shown below, and your good to go.

Capture_20180330.PNG

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP8] Classic [x3 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000
Testing: Solid Edge 2019

Experimenter
Experimenter
IT WORKS......THANK YOU