Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you change text size scale?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

How can i change the text scale to 1 for all dimensions. rather than just the dimension i click on.

I cant seem to find the option in styles

Capture.PNG

Regards,

MagRiz
(ST9 User Est 01.18)
4 REPLIES

Re: How do you change text size scale?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Untitled.png

In Dimensions bar click on 'styles' 

And there you can find all the text settings there.

Save that as template and use that template if you want this settings in all your draft files

Phenom
Phenom

@MagRiz Styles are used to control entities in the Draft environment including dimensions, text, lines, tables, etc.

View Tab - Styles

There you can adjust current styles or create new styles based on existing styles. For example, I have styles for 1, 2, 3, and 4 place decimals set up in my drafy template. When I go to place a dimension in a drawing, I choose the style I wish to use and place the dimensions. If you make a change to the style, all dimensions using that style are updated.

In my case I have all of my dimension styles based on the original out-of-the-box ANSI style. That way if I want to make a global change to all styles I simply adjust the ANSI style in the drawing and it ripples thru and adjusts all styles in the drawing.

For example, my styles are all set for text to be .125". If I am working on a D sized drawing and wish to increase the text size on my dimensions, I simply adjust the text size of the ANSI style and all dimensions on my drawing will change as specified.

Style changes only affect the drawing you are currently working on. I suggest you open your template file and create styles as needed there, and then all of the styles will be available to you going forward in any drawing that uses that template.

HTH,

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

i tried that but it doesnt seem to change dimensions that have already been placed.

Regards,

MagRiz
(ST9 User Est 01.18)

Phenom
Phenom

@MagRiz Use smart select to select all of the dimensions you have placed in the drawing and adjust the text override. Then, make sure the text scale is set to 1 before placing additional dimensions. 

It appears that the text scale override stays in effect until adjusted, even if you change styles. I seldom use text scale and was not aware of this. As a rule I use styles to control my dimensions rather than individual overrides.

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317