Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you highlight a feature/ face?

Builder
Builder

When i click on a face or say the inside of a hole it selects and highlights the whole part and turns it green. is there a way to just highlight the feature or face i click on? (similar to SW)

Regards,

MagRiz
(ST9 User Est 01.18)
8 REPLIES

Re: How do you highlight a feature/ face?

Phenom
Phenom

You can first check if picking or hovering over the feature entry in the Pathfinder highlights just the feature or the entire body.

If it does, there is no reason for not being able to highlight the feature in the graphical area.

If the feature is behind a face, pause the mouse cursor for a moment till three dots appear after which you can right-click to bring up the QuickPick list from which to pick the required feature.

Are you working in the ordered or synchronous mode.

Attaching a picture or the part will be of great help to find a solution.

Builder
Builder

@Tushar

sorry i should add - im trying this in an assembly, so i wont see the feature in the pathfinder

Id like the feature/ face to be highlighted when i click it and let go of the mouse. I then want to be able to rotate the model without the face being deselected. 

Regards,

MagRiz
(ST9 User Est 01.18)

Phenom
Phenom

@MagRiz

Check this selection option:

SelectPriority.png

Builder
Builder

@Tushar

thanks, however it only works on parts not subassemblies. it still highlights the part not the face on sub assy. 

Regards,

MagRiz
(ST9 User Est 01.18)

Phenom
Phenom

I think that is because the part inside the sub-assembly is not a synchronous part.

I am verifying this though.

Phenom
Phenom

@MagRiz

I am able to verify my assumption in previous reply, though I may still stand corrected.

I am able to select a face on a part in the sub-assembly when it is a synchronous part:

SelectFaceInSubAsm.JPG

Builder
Builder

Maybe thats the reason. it isnt a syncro part.

Regards,

MagRiz
(ST9 User Est 01.18)

Phenom
Phenom

CTRL + SPACE toggles between face and part select.

If you have face select enabled and select the face of an Ordered feature you can use dynamic edit for the feature directly from the assembly without having to open or in-place edit the part.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST10 MP3 on Windows 10 Pro 64.