Solved! Go to solution

How to Control Round Off With Dimensions in Solid Edge

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if someone can help me edit a callout containing some property text in the SE drafting environment.

I have placed some PMI dimensions on a part, renamed and exposed them using the variable table, and then referenced them using the 'graphic connection to part' in the property text editor.

I've managed to remove the "mm" from the property text (thanks to this post), now I would like to change the dimension precision/round-off, i.e. "25" instead of "25.00". I've tried chaning the round off of the actual PMI value to 1mm as opposed to .01mm, but this has no effect.

I can achieve the desired result by changing the file properties -> units -> precision value, but I would really like to do this with the property text instead!

Here's my property text formula:

%{RHS_DIM_1/CP/NU|GP} x %{RHS_DIM_2/CP/NU|GP} x %{RHS_THICKNESS/CP/NU|GP} SHS

And here's a few thousand words:

3 REPLIES

Re: How to Control Round Off With Dimensions in Solid Edge

You'll have to change or modify the dimension style in your model. Styles - Dimension - Pick the style you are using - Modify - Units Tab - turn off the Zeros Trailing.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

The other way to do it is to edit the callout.  The @0 changes the number of digits after the decimal point from the default of two to zero.

OLD:

%{RHS_DIM_1/CP/NU|GP} x %{RHS_DIM_2/CP/NU|GP} x %{RHS_THICKNESS/CP/NU|GP} SHS

NEW:

%{RHS_DIM_1@0/CP/NU|GP} x %{RHS_DIM_2@0/CP/NU|GP} x %{RHS_THICKNESS@0/CP/NU|GP} SHS

Exactly what I was after,

Although, the @0 needs to come after the "/" like so:

%{RHS_DIM_1/@0CP/NU|GP}....