Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Hide lines in a draft view?

Creator
Creator

I am looking to hide certain lines in a Draft view - specifically they are hidden lines - BUT, I don't want to hide ALL the hidden lines in the view - I am aware of how to accomplish that.
In another Solid- modeling software, there is a means of hiding individual lines - I need that ability here, too.
I want to hide the hidden lines created by some hole features, but not the hidden lines created by some cut features.

9 REPLIES

Re: How to Hide lines in a draft view?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Take a look at Edge Painter in SE Help

You need to edit into the view, then you can modify the line types.drawinview.png

edge painter.png

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Phenom
Phenom

In draft file  > Home tab > Edges group you have Show Edges, Hide Edges, Edge Painter.

Click on the dges to hide (or it might be drag across them)

In a drawing view Properties you have 2 levels of Hidden Edges - all hidden edges (which is what it looks like you have in your view) and edges hidden by other parts (this will hide all the edges of your holes but leave the outlines of the hidden parts).

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST10 MP6 on Windows 10 Pro 64.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Johnson_BigMatt

Hi @TheRealABear

I believe that there is no need to first go to "Draw in View" - Edit: no I don't believe it, I know it!

Just use the "Hide Edges" button

20180417_163409.png

regards
Wolfgang

Creator
Creator

Thank you both, you have guided me to the solution for which I was looking, if not quite exactly the way you described.
Edge Painter was just what I needed - I was not looking to make the lines /Hidden Lines/ but to hide some.  Via the Edge painter, I am able to turn the lines I don't want in the view White, thus accomplishing what I needed.

Thanks Again!

Cheers!

Creator
Creator

perfect!

Phenom
Phenom

No, don't make them white its very confusing to later users and they might still print if you use 'print all colours black' !

I would suggest hiding them.

Also, if you show all hidden lines in the view properties, update the view and then hide them again in view properties you can use the 'show hidden lines' command and select just those to show.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST10 MP6 on Windows 10 Pro 64.

HI @TheRealABear

only to clarify:

Using Hide Edges also allows YOu to blank hidden edegs so that they are not longer visible on draft sheet, and vice versa

So this function not only is usable for visible lines but also for any other line types!

In the described request You do not need to go into the Edge Painter, You directly can tunr on and off any lines on screen

regards
Wolfgang

Creator
Creator

I completely understand, kind sir, and appreciate you sharing this knowledge with me.
I have gone back and returned the white lines to black and have hidden them in the way you have described.  And you are, of course, correct that there is no need to go into "Draw in View".

Cheers, Sir!

HI @TheRealABear

... and no need for a "Sir"

Smiley Wink

regards
Wolfgang