Highlighted

How to Show Dimensions During View Rotate?

Is there a configuration setting to keep dimensions from disappearing when I rotate a view? Not a big deal but it would really help speed up dimension selection.

(view in My Videos)

David McMahon
Solid Edge ST9
HP Z2 Mini, Windows 10
3 REPLIES

Re: How to Show Dimensions During View Rotate?

Hi there @David_McMahon,

I think what you're seeing is related to the "level" [or rather, "SUB" level] at which these dimensions lay, within an Ordered mode design model. When accessing feature dimensions through "Dynamic Edit", or rotating during feature creation, with respect to graphics drawing during rotation, this has always been the case.

However, had they been PMI dimensions & annotations, these will persist during rotation, as typically seen in [but not limited to] Synchronous mode.

In reality though, I'm not sure anyone would want to select dimensions "during" the rotation, but rather once they were stationary, at which point they would be "re-drawn" and come back into view.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP8] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Sean,

Thanks for the insight. Sorry, I was not clear. It's not that I want to select the dimensions while rotating, its just that it would be easier to position the dimensions so that I could make sure they were not obstructed by other model geometry before I stop rotating. I often have to do things in steps. Rotate the view, wait for dimension to show, rotate it a little more, etc. This ads up over time. Again, its not a big deal. I think another CAD software program I used had a setting for this so I was wondering if Solid Edge might have a similar setting.

David McMahon
Solid Edge ST9
HP Z2 Mini, Windows 10

[ Edited ]

@David_McMahon,

Ah, yes, I follow.....and a fair enough enhancement request to be submitted to development.

Although, like I was saying, if you try the same thing with a Synchronous model, you will get what you're looking for.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP8] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10