How to center Slot with center of two holes?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I have a problem to center a Slot with two holes.

The "center line" of the slot need to be mated with the center line of the two holes, so the bracket can move forth and back... a bit hard to explain,so I attached an image - that should help Smiley Happy

In Solidworks I just made a center line in both and mated those two (if I remember correctly).

Not sure how it works in Solid Edge.

8 REPLIES

Re: How to center Slot with center of two holes?

"PATH" relation hidden as a flyout under "CAM"

see video here: http://screencast.com/t/DvWO6LgU7T46

Phenom
Phenom

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

That is so awesome! Thank's a lot Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Matt,,

I love that Path feature, it's awesome Smiley Very Happy

Do you know if it's possible to add some kind of "collision"? To prevent 2 parts from "overlapping" when Dragging after Path has been applied?

Regards,

Kenneth

Path will limit the translation to within the slot. If however you are wanting physical contact there is nothing native. Same basic stuff can be tricked with surfaces, tangents or cam/follower... Or if true physical contact is required. A Solid Edge Addin call Dynamic Designer is the best bet. Can you give a better example of your need and we can suggest method of approach

The drag command does have a detect collision feature native in SE if you only need to know when and where but this won't drive the next part. That takes simply motion which is more of an animation than real contact or DDM which can do real contact

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

MattJohnsonPAC wrote:
The drag command does have a detect collision feature native in SE if you only need to know when and where but this won't drive the next part. That takes simply motion which is more of an animation than real contact or DDM which can do real contact

You could use the Physical Motion option in the Drag Component command instead of Detect Collisions and then parts would drive other parts or stop if the other parts can't move.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank for your time guys.

I'm starting to get addicted to SE Smiley Happy