How to change Radial of sweep and move hole to plane

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hi all;

I create simple Sweep(syn) part.(controlarc.Jpg) and I want modify arc.

• How can I change radial of Arc?

Next step I test to create hole on cylindrical but I'm not lock plane. (holealiment.jpg)

• How can I move hole position to vertical with front plane or pependicular to plane 4? 
5 REPLIES

Re: How to change Radial of sweep and move hole to plane

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @Famer,

For the bend radii - If you click on the bend, then click on the identifier "Torus".....the edit options should appear for changing.

2017-05-24 (1).png

On the hole angle - If you place an anglular dimension to the hole axis & the vertical shaft, and set the driving direction to point to the hole, this should allow the angular correction. [in this case, I set it to 0 degrees, to move vertical]

2017-05-24.png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @SeanCresswell

Hi @Famer

don't forget the capability of "Live Section"!

Just 2 mouse clicks for creation and YOu can use it to dimension inner and outer radius of the torus as well as the angle of the hole

20170524_0649.PNG

And You can have as many as You like in Your part

regards
Wolfgang

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Thank you for reply;It's helpful Smiley Happy

I want to discussion more.

1. Use Torus. body of part is move (Tour.jpg)
  2. Use Live section. I can control center of part? (live.jpg)
  3. I try to create drawing. How can I create center line. If I want put R150? (Drw.jpg)
    • Draw in view only? 

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Famer,

Depending on the full requirements, will sometimes dictate a path you can/should take when designing these sorts of parts.

If the end result is to have automatic centerlines, for detailing out in your draft sheet[s] to aid manufacture. Then I might have suggested you use the "Frame" environment in assembly to achieve the model, whereby this can do exactly that [to coin an old @dcstaples phrase] "automagic" functionality......else, yes, draw in view is your work around.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @Famer

as @SeanCresswell already mentioned, there will be many roads leading to the target.

• using Synchronous Mode will offer You a wide range of flexibility and possibilities to change Your geometry. Direct change of surfaces (cylinder, torus, etc.) is one way, Live Setions shows another.
    But the all together can also be used together wit formulas in the varaible table.
    So if You want to define the center radius of the torus You can calculate it by inner radius + half pipe diameter.
  • another approach can be to toggle to Traditional Mode.
    Here You can draw Your center sketch, fully defined with all necessary dimensions and then create Your pipe as a swept protrusion or - and I see this as the best way too
  • use Piping (if available) or Frame Design in an assembly to get the easiest and fasted solution.
    Here is another additional bonus: You also will get the total pipe length as property

So You see, there is not only one way  to go there are several.

Your job will be to find the best suitable for You and Your tasks.

regards
Wolfgang