Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change "Resize Holes" default Standard

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hello.

I have quick question. How to change defalut value that is presented in Resize Holes, Standard dropdown menu?

Right now my value is always set to ANSI Metric, and I'd like to change it to ISO Metric.

Resize Holes.png

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How to change "Resize Holes" default Standard

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hi @LukaszPL 

Try to check the Custom.xtm (open in Notepad) file in the SE directory.

I cannot remember if all in, but worth to check.

At this moment I have not accessed to SE on my computer.

Regards,

Arek

Highlighted

Betreff: How to change "Resize Holes" default Standard

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @LukaszPL 

I assume, that this drop down list shows the existing hole table files (Excel files) in Your Holes Directory in alphabetic order.

So "ANSI" beginning with an "A" always will be the first, as long as their exists another file with a character before the "a".

I just have created a new file (copy) from ISO and have called it "01_ISO" - and - Yes it is appearing in the leading position instantly after.

20190521_1236.png

regards
Wolfgang

Solution Partner Creator

@hawcadthanks for information. Seems that your answer is solution. I thought that maybe it's possible to set order differently since my default value of "Standard" is set to "ANSI metric" (it's second hole table file when sorting alphabetically).

Regards

Łukasz

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@LukaszPL since you mention that @hawcad answer was the solution...  

For the sake of all in the community... Please consider giving KUDOS to answers that were helpful to you or appreciated. Also please mark a post as the SOLUTION if you feel you received an answer. This helps give credit and creditability to other users and helps others find a solution in the future when searching the forums.
thanks!

Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional
Solid Edge 2019 (SEEC) - Production
NX12 (Tc Integration)
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @LukaszPL 

Yes, "ANSI Metric" is the second in the list, but it is shown as first when changing the hole.

Why?

Since the existing hole - in that case - has a e.g. 8.0mm diameter, which doesn't exist in the Inch tables.

Therefore the first entry in the list is the table which has the existing diamter in it.

If You try to change an Inch hole You will see the "ANSI Inch" table as first entry in the list.

regards
Wolfgang

Solution Partner Creator

@Johnson_BigMattI gave KUDOS to @hawcadanswer and hesitated with marking it as solution because I thought that maybe someone will have different one Smiley Wink

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

FYI there is an existing master ER requesting the functionality to specify or default the holes database file used – master ER# 1127880