Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to craete Query for parts with status=Baselined or Obsolete

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello.

I'am crating queries to filter parts deepends on status. I can create query for parts with status : available, in work, In review and Released. But there is no available to choose other status: Baselined and Obsolete. Why I can not us this two last status to filter with it? Is there any alternaive way to  filter parts using status: Baselined or Obsolete.

Regards

Marcin

5 REPLIES

Re: How to craete Query for parts with status=Baselined or Obsolete

Genius
Genius

Does your filter need to use the Query tool or be within Solid Edge? 

If you have your vault setup and it is indexed, you can use Windows Explorer to search for the status of parts using, sestatus: .  Baselined and Obsolete are available here but I am guessing you prefer to do this within Solid Edge while you have an assembly open?

Brian Fritz
Solid Edge Certified Professional
ST10 latest MP

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Brian

Yeas I prefer tu use this filter in Solid Edge  environment when assembly is opened

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

It's a mystery why those two aren't included. I was going to suggest that you could at least filter out the other four statuses (stati?) by using the condition "is not" but for some reason "is (exactly)" is the only condition available for Status. Another mystery.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Hi @bshand

for many years I also used the plural "stati" for more than one status, as long as some very smart man told me, that status is singualr as well as plural.

But don't ask me wether this is correct or not.

As learned a long time ago in school many plural forms in Latin end on -i when the singular is -us.

But they mentioned that status makes a difference her.

IMHO stati sound better even it is not correct.

Smiley Wink

regards
Wolfgang

@hawcad, Yep, it's my high school Latin training that posed the hypothetical question.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200