Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to create a part using create in place option in assembly using ordered Technology

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@uk_dave, How does one do that? After all these years I have no idea.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Re: How to create a part using create in place option in assembly using ordered Technology

@bshand, being an "outsider" of the US, we have to go through our support channel, but I believe you'd be able to do it through the GTAC site.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP7] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Phenom
Phenom

@bshand It has been a while since I did it, but I believe that you file an IR on the GTAC web site and reference the ER number that you want to be added to. I don't believe there is a way to file an ER directly. At least that is my best recollection.

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317

Thanks @rehenryjr, @SeanCresswell

I guess a new IR referencing an existing ER makes sense. I thought perhaps there was a way to append directly.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

I've attached the PDF that explains my doubt... In some case i"ll change profile of this base sub assembly(eg from rectangular to trapezium profile)..... If "create part in place" works in ordered technology it is very easy to make changes in my work....

That is why I'm looking for this option......I feel some difficulty to link profile changes in synchoronous.....  Linking Dimensional changes is easy in synchronous ..........but not in profile change

So I'm needing this in ordered tech

Hi @COLPUGAZH

please, please read the above answers and look onto the picture I already have posted!

The mode of a part when it is created directly from an assembly (in place) has nothing to do with wether You create the part from assembly or as new part from scratch.

This is a matter of YOUR setting in options.

If there the default part mode is set to SYNC then it will be a sync part by default (as the name says) and if this option is set to ORDERED then the part will be started in ordered mode by default.

Anyway You always can change Your prefered modeling mode from sync to ordered as You like

Either You do it with the RMB in pathfinder, in graphics area or via the multitab ribbon bar under TOOLS

But please accept that InPlace has nothing to do with sync or ordered

regards
Wolfgang