How to create a tube with one end flattened

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am creating a tube that I need to flatten on one side. I am not creating this tube with xpresroute as it is a one time part and not part of an assembly, but I cannot figure out how to flatten one end of the 3D tube. Tube OD is .375in. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES

Re: How to create a tube with one end flattened

Phenom
Phenom

@MattJohnsonPAC has addressed this about a year ago here.

Check if this is the same thing you are looking for.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @blafar,

As @Tushar's link points to, the topic was covered.....further to that, I have made [as attached ST9 file] a quick model, based on a similar part from my library.

It uses surfacing to create the initial part form, and I had to use an offset surface on this part because Thin Wall didn't like the Blue Surface blend.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Phenom
Phenom

Wow! the part looks awsome Sean.

I increased the sharpness level to best (5) and could not take eyes off that blend.

~Tushar

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Haha, thanks @Tushar,

Funny part is, I actually made some parts almost exactly [larger tube] like this, for a buddies race care a few weeks ago.

I really wish the "Display Sharpness" would also persist to the last user setting, and more importantly, between sessions. Another addition for the "Call For Pet Peeves 2.0" thread, I suppose.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Phenom
Phenom

Hi 

just inspired by @SeanCresswell example I tried to do it with solids only and got attached example part.

regards
Wolfgang