Solved! Go to solution

How to create a turntable?

Hello,

So, I am looking to create a turntable so that the model turns by a motor instead of having a camera rotating around the modelin the animation. The motor should give me more control too.

Usually I would do this in KeyShot however the company I work for does not have the Pro version and will not update (sigh) so I have to figure out how to do it in Solidedge which is the long way around Smiley Happy

Please could someone help me with how to do this? I would really appreciate it!

Warmest Regards

4 REPLIES

Re: How to create a turntable?

Here's a very crude sample created in ST8 that shows the basic concept. It uses a rotational motor on the shaft which is constrained to the base and table. There is already an animation saved in the file which has the motor active - just run 'Simulate Motor' or go into the ERA environment and bring up the Animation Editor to play the animation.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Hello,

Thank you very much however I didn't make my point very clear in my last comment.

What I meant is to do a turntable action without any features - just planes possible or axis?

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Design4Life
‎12-23-2015 09:02 AM

Design4Life wrote:

Hello,

Thank you very much however I didn't make my point very clear in my last comment.

What I meant is to do a turntable action without any features - just planes possible or axis?

No, that is not possible. The way motors work is that they move an occurrence along or around an edge or axis from the occurrence.

What if you were to buy a monthly subscription of a SE and then ask to get a Keyshot upgrade discount? I don't know if this is possible or not but I thought I'd throw it out there.