Solved! Go to solution

How to create new template along with scale(border) that should fit for all paper size

Hi please tell how to create this type of template along with standards(as shown in figure) that should automatically fit for all paper size

4 REPLIES

Betreff: How to create new template along with scale(border) that should fit for all paper size

Hi @COLPUGAZH,

take a look in to the DIN drafting templates.

There You will find the scale for the standard paper sizes

regards
Wolfgang

Re: How to create new template along with scale(border) that should fit for all paper size

Thats an ANSI border (page two). Already included with the software. 

Re: How to create new template along with scale(border) that should fit for all paper size

Hi @12GAGE

the only background with scale infos I can find within the DIN draft templates delivered with ST9 (or prior too)

But with ANSI, ISo, etc. templates only the standard Siemens background sheets are available.

This all is not a real problem since You can change the background now with ST9 very easy, 
and besides that, You also can copy thos lines and textboxes You need for Your sheet.

regards
Wolfgang
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author COLPUGAZH
‎11-21-2016 11:24 PM

[ Edited ]

I work to my own standard. 

A size paper

3/32 text

small border across the bottom

3 hole punch spot around border.

This give s me the best balance of room to draft, readability, and no "shrink plot" 

Attached is the draft template I use today. Background "A"

The border is right at 1/4" from the edge. Most printers will cut half of the border thickness off.

In general, there is no one size fits all border. The borders are specific to the paper. If you really want that, you open up the can of worms of old paper space model space type drafting from AutoCAD 10. Difficult way to work.