How to create synchronous hole in part based on geometry in assembly

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi 

I am trying to create a synchronous hole in a part using Top Down Assembly approach by getting the center point from the hole of another part in the assembly. Please let me know the way to link these two holes in synchronous environment. 

Rajkumar | i-Value Tech Solutions | Chennai

www.i-vtech.in 

17 REPLIES

Re: How to create synchronous hole in part based on geometry in assembly

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Rajkumar:

Based on my understanding of your question, I can suggest an assembly feature - cutout - which uses the profile of a hole in another part. When the original hole is modified using synchronous edit at the assembly level, the cutout also updates.

There is another method that uses peer variables. Let me know if you want to know about it.

~Tushar Suradkar

fb.pngSolid Edge Users Facebook Group

Legend
Legend
I think the concentric face relate is made to do just this. You may have to turn on peer edge locate but I'm pretty sure you don't need it. Make sure to make the relationship persistent if you want it to update when the hole location changes. I'm not 100% sure I have this all correct but I tried a basic test and it worked.
Using SE since V12, 2002

Solution Partner Creator

Hi 

Thanks for your reply. My requirement, I have two plates in the assembly and First plate has some holes. I need to create a concentric holes in Second plate using synchronous hole command. I want the concentric to be maintained always, if i make changes in the first plate the hole location, holes in the second plate needs to get automatically adjusted.

1. The scenario can be created using assembly feature but the concern is, if i take the part drawing of the second plate the holes are missing.

2. Concentric face relate is not working for me. 

Above scenario is very well accomplished in ordered environment, I just want to check is this possible in synchronous. Any luck for me. 

Rgds

Rajkumar | i-Value Tech Solutions

www.i-vtech.in

Phenom
Phenom

Hi:

How are you accomplishing this in ordered?

Have you tried Peer Variables ?

~Tushar

Solution Partner Creator

Hi 

Would you please explain me peer variables? is it something available in tools Peers to choose the edges.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

This is just much easier to do in ordered. You can always move the hole feature to synch later if desired.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

I think Tushar is possibly referring to linking the positioning dimensions in one part to the positioning dimensions in the other by the variable tables.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Phenom
Phenom

That's correct @beachcomber

But the user says he has already accomplished this in ordered, so using the technique Bruce mentioned, he can transition the same to synchronous. User has not replied to what method is being used in ordered. I am waiting on that before demonstrating the Peer variables technique.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If you do it in ordered on the second part the holes remain linked and will change location when you change the first part. Once you move features in the second part to synchronous the link will be gone. If anyone knows how to make synchronouse features in one part linked to features in another part I'm all ears.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200