Solved! Go to solution

How to create timing fedder conveyer in solidedge. It can be very easily created in topsolid.

9 REPLIES

Re: How to create timing fedder conveyer in solidedge. It can be very easily created in topsolid.

Is that in the base product or is it a paid add-on and how much does the add-on cost?

I don't know of anything in the base Solid Edge product that will do that automatically.  You would have to build it manually.  May be a 3rd party add-on to do it but not sure.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP6
Testing: ST10

Re: How to create timing fedder conveyer in solidedge. It can be very easily created in topsolid.

[ Edited ]

Would this be possible in ST9 using the new solid tooling path tool (I'm sure it has a better name)?  The opposite roller would be mirrored looking at the example.

Edit: Solid Sweep....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=813owZBoLUs

Guy

CAD/CAE Manager
ST8 MP9
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Krunal
‎06-27-2016 12:40 AM

Here's how something like that is done in NX.

This was an interesting demo of some advanced specialized tool. I don't think NX nor SE has the full suite of functionality that this demo is showing. I have no doubts that NX has all the tools to do what is shown but I don't think those tools are "packaged" into a point solution like TopSolid has done. And make no mistake this a custom point solution. But I will say, this solves some interesting problems but it also poses some interesting questions as well.

As a previous demo jock (quite awhile ago) it's the small things that matter the most. In this case the source was a facet or surfaced model and not a solid body. It would be interesting to see this happen with a solid body. Since this is a point solution, you can tell because the function is called timing screw, that this is only going to work with cyclindrical rollers since the demo didn't show any other application. The scenario file is the key here as it locates the position and oreintation of the source "body" and then a helixal path has to be built based on the inputs.

The animation was built on simulations and not part of the "specialize timing screw function". But all in all it is a great demonstration of what can be done when you can define a problem and then build custom coding around it.

Hi,

Solid Edge ST9 will provide a nice feature to this, its name is Solid sweep (cut).

Here is a short video:

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Yes, this could be the solution in solidege ST9 but still if we see in topsolid AVI the pitch of helix cut goes on decreasing which allows to rotate bottle.

I guess, that is bit difficult to control it in solidedge that easily.

Yes, the rotation of bottle is being driven by the scenario file and there is some serious cross sectional lofting happening to the trim surface used to cut away the path on the roller. That you aren't going to get with a single feature inside of any CAD system. Like I mentioned this is a point solution/ custom coding for Topsolid. I image with the right people something similar could be done in most CAD systems.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Krunal
‎07-14-2016 05:37 AM

Hi,

You can do this at this moment in SE, but you have to use Simply Motion...

Here is a video:

Yes, I know this is not an "one button solution" but works.

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Hi, here is a screw I did with ST7 for a vaccum juice extractor.

The advance of the screw is constant. 1/4" every 5 °

But I think this method can be applicable to a non-constant advance.

Alex

untitled.289.jpg

Good Marketing makes the company look smart.
Great Marketing makes the customer feel smart.

Yes, we can do this.

Thankyou...!!