Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable the model tree in 3D PDF

Creator
Creator

Hello,

To share the model with other company, I export a 3D PDF with solidedge. 

But in the model tree of 3D PDF, I can see all the detail information for each parts.

Can I disable the model tree? Or merge all parts into a single part?

thanks for checking

regards Hunter

1.png

20 REPLIES

Re: How to disable the model tree in 3D PDF

PLM World Member Valued Contributor PLM World Member Valued Contributor
PLM World Member Valued Contributor

This maybe a bit of a kludge, but you could export to .stp then reimport to SE then convert to PDF? A lot of effort, but maybe good for your client? Will still have a tree, but without the information

Shane Murray
ST10 MP8

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Nice idea @shanefarra

I'd like to add a little tip about using a 'Part template' when importing the STP back into Solid Edge.

Betreff: How to disable the model tree in 3D PDF

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Hunter_Han

additionally to that what @shanefarra and @Tushar have said, I would like to bring in mind, that You directly can open/import an assembly into a part without the need of exporting and importing back it via any neutral interface.

And- with ST10 - now You easily can melt multiple bodies together into one single body, even if the old "Non-Manifold Condition" is there (this IMHO is one of the greatest enhancements of ST10, even as small it is)  and this single part with a single body can be saved as 3D PDF very easily and fast.

regards
Wolfgang

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Wolfgang:

I must say we can always rely on you for the most accurate and up-to-date information for innovative and intelligent solutions to problems. You are a great boon to the Solid Edge user community !!

Many thanks for the update.

And I'd like to personally compliment - your English sounds the sweetest of any non-native English speaker I have ever experienced Smiley Happy

Regards,

Tushar

Hi @Tushar

wow, many thanks for that answer!

Just for a moment I feel extremely constraint about Your words
but immediately they give me the power to enforce my efforts for and with Solid Edge
and this congenial group of Solid Edge users, developers and friends (and non-friends too  Smiley Wink ).

Far away from grabbing acknowledgement here, I only can reply and appreciate Your contributions and works for the SE community.

And, between You and me, working with Solid Edge still is a pleasure to me and an enjoyment

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

Nobody ever compliments my English..............I'm gonna cry

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Hi @nominus38

no, no reason for a cry!

I always can read and understand Your English!

So far it is excellent

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

Alright, now how about the obvious question here. Why not just share a Parasolid file or a JT file?

Jt would be easy and the view is free as well.JT is aslo the ISO standard for visualization!

Hi @RyanM

but to give the obvious anser:

Saving the file as parasolid or JT will give the whole structure information with it and will allow to import this structure back to any CAD system (or at least to any CAD sstem with the ability to open JT and X_T)

The initial request - so my understanding was - is to hide any interior and structural information of that design.

So at the moment I only see the way using export, import with melting it together into one single solid body

regards
Wolfgang