How to do skeleton modelling in solidedge.

w

6 REPLIES

Re: How to do skeleton modelling in solidedge.

In order to even approach your question we're going to need more than a skeleton posting.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Skeleton modelling is same as top down assembly. Consider an example of OEM company, they outsource there design to their venders on basis of co-ordinate system same as carline concept. So when they get there design back they pull all parts in assembly and it will automatically get assembled according to coordinate system even without applying assembly constrains. This can be done very easily in NX

Please go through the below link which showcase skeleton modelling in inventor.

https://youtu.be/uC3ia17t48c

I'm not familiar enough with them to know for sure, but it seems like Virtual Components would be the closest equivalent in Solid Edge.

Greg

@Krunal yea we work in a very similar way to the video you linked to, with a master sketch in an assembly that drives the parts below it - we use it for sheet metal welded assemblies where individual folded plates are built up to make complex 3D structures.  

Try drawing the sketch in the assembly, doing "create part in place" then use the "copy sketch" function to copy that sketch into the part file where it will retain the associative link - note this works in ordered mode only unfortunately.

Thank you...!!!

Will try and update you.

I have found that most of the time it's easier to create a series of 2D sketches on planes rather than use 3D sketches. So the first step is creating planes where the work needs to be done. Since frame design is Ordered/Assembly mode only, and is the most common use of wire frame design, I would start with an assembly file and 2D assembly sketches on planes.

I would only use a 3D sketch if it was really necessary.