Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do welds

We are currently 2 people at the place i work, and none of us know how to do Welds in SE.

When we call the support, the normal answer is "welds are hard in SE, but lets see if we can make one". Then we show him where we need to make a weldment and he used 5-10 minutes clicking all over the place, trying to make it.

So, for the last two years or so, we have both avoided to make weldments and its starting to get really really annoying.

Can someone in here show me how to make a simple weld, for the groove below?

Any good videos to watch, to learn this? Anything really. Time to learn this.

Udklip.PNG

4 REPLIES 4

Betreff: How to do welds

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Maskinbyggerne 

OK, depending on the cross section of the weld - Yes it can become a bit of work, but if we are talking about simple Fillet Welds, then it is a very simple task.

I hope the video can help and it is what You are looking for.

(view in My Videos)

And to mention it, since ST8 You can create welds in a part file too.

I think this is the IMHO better method, at least it will be that way, to get better performance.

And duplicating, etc. also works better.

So have an eye on that issue too.

regards
Wolfgang

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I would concur with @hawcad to use the ST8 functionality to create welds in the part files.

Attached is a PDF from the internal ST8 Update Training sessions that gives a brief high level overview of the ST8 weld functionality and how to use it.

That was exactly what I was looking for - looks simple Smiley Happy

Thanks.

Going to read up on ST8 weldments - think it would be nice to do it within a part.

Thanks for the PDF!

Going to read it right now Smiley Happy