How to exclude some sub-assemblies from rotating when adding motors :

PendantPendant

Hi All,

Is there a way to isolate motors or lock /unlock rotational relationships in between movements? . I am doing an animtion for hospital pendant.

There are 3 Parts that need to rotate indvidually but my problem this doesnt work for all parts.

1. Needs to rotate the whole arm.

For this I need to lock planes which works until I have to add other motors for the 2 other sub assemblies

2. Needs to rotate only the drop body,

which wont work if planes are locked.

3. Arm needs to rotate individually also ,

but with unlocked rotation relationships  it moves around the whole time with other assemblies, i need it to stand still until its turn comes.

Please help with a solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance..

4 REPLIES

Betreff: How to exclude some sub-assemblies from rotating when adding motors :

[ Edited ]

Hi @MI-Design

without knowing how You have defined all the assembly relations it will be hard to give the correct answer.

But - and this might help - if You simply define the assembly relations using angle relation for thos subassemblies You want to move, then You can use the variable motor functionallity to bring them into motion.

There is no further need for lock/unlock certain relations if You are doing so.

regards
Wolfgang

Re: How to exclude some sub-assemblies from rotating when adding motors :

all a guess bcz i dont know how your assy is build. 

but i would assume youhave

rotation 1 defined from the top block.

rotation 2 defined from the main arm or roation 1

rotation 3 defined from the verticle body of rotation 2

IF this is true then rotation 3 and 2 are fixed relitive to rotation 1.

therefore when rotation 1 is modified 2 andn 3 take the ride.

to keep 2 and 3 independent... i suggest making a relationship to the stationary main double rotation block at eh very top.  a floating mate or planar align will keep them stationary reltive to "space"

a more eligant and contralable way would be to establish variables to control each angle 1. 2. 3.   but create a user input variable for each "relative angle"  and drive the relationship angles mathmatically to = the user defined relative angle..   the more i think about this the better i like this approach.

i'll try to work up and example.  (are you able to share this model?  even stripped down to the basic members needed to show th motion>>>)

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX10 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.6

Hi Matt 

Thank you for your reply . 

I don’t mind sharing , Please see attached.  you will see Motors 6 and 7 are moving the whole arm where I need them to turn only the drop box, Part labelled 2. 

Ncebakazi 

Medical Innovations 

You must include all necessary sub-components in order for this to work. If you're in ST9 try the pack and go function of the design manager and pack it all up in a zip file.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"