How to extract other views from Isometric view

Pioneer
Pioneer

Dear all

I am currently facing a problem that I have a drawing of a large assembly model which contain only isometric view (I have applied different line styles to it So I dont want to extract/fetch new view )

Is there any way to extract other views from the same Isometric view..??

9 REPLIES

Re: How to extract other views from Isometric view

Legend
Legend

In my testing thus far it seems that the Isometric view is a dead end view that can not be used to spawn new views other than isometric.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Copy the view? And if you want to change orientation use saved PMI model views and change the view properties in the display tab?

I'm stating this in the form of a question because I'm not sure it applies to your question.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

If I understand this crystal clear then you can do this... (What was suggested by @bshand is good)

Here is a video about steps:

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Phenom
Phenom

To develop your idea further Bruce, would it be possible to make all standard (Top, Front etc) views PMI model views. Could you then just change the orientation by changing the model view in draft ?

I don't know if this works because I rarely us model views, so don't know the limitations.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The short answer is yes. For so long, being a sometimes SolidWorks user where you can easily change view orientations and you couldn't in SE (not sure when PMI model views came into play), model views provide this and more. Model views also include display settings so it's sort of a combined configuration and view orientation tool. Watch @Imics' video for a good tutorial.

Bruce Shand

Legend
Legend

Can you use those views to make normal front, top, side views?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I think that's the same question @beachcomber asked, so yes.

Bruce Shand

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks for your precious answer. Following your advice whenever I save a view in "Display Configuration" tab and try to fetch it in draft environment, I do get Isometric view of the model Although I want my model to be shown at the same angle which I set to be save in Model configuration. Is there any thing missing or wrongly done..??

See pictures.

Phenom
Phenom

The display configuration only defines what is shown in the view - not the orientation.

You need to use PMI Model Views to drfine orientation.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.