Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a impression (a negative) of an assembly and import that into part-mode

Genius
Genius

Hi

I would like to get a negative print of an assembly and import it as a start for a construction in a part-mode.

How to do that?

I already have some parts mounted in assembly in SE. I'ld like to generate a new part, which has an internal shape defined by the external shape of all the mounted parts. Thats like creating a mold, with gipsum or PU.

I'ld like take this shape as a base to construct clamps and a hull to mounting the parts in the assembly.

Is this description understandable?

Is there a way to do this? Or will I have to imagine the negative shape and construct everything by manually constructing this imagination?

best regards

Hans

5 REPLIES

Betreff: How to get a impression (a negative) of an assembly and import that into part-mode

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Hans11

create an Interpart copy from that ASM into a part.

With ST10 You also have the option to remove all internal holes and/or connect all bodies into a single one.

Then create a new body in that part and do a boolean subtract body one from boody two.

Voila!

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: How to get a impression (a negative) of an assembly and import that into part-mode

Genius
Genius

I use ST10.

That sounds like the perfect answer.

But right now I have no idea, how I can create an "Interpart copy".

Of cause I can start to read the manual :-)

My fist idea of the strategy is to

1) to isolate the relevant parts

2) to import a solid body, of which I could cut off the shape of the isolated parts ..

Is this a correct idea of what I need to do?

Within the "Home"-Tab of the assembly-menu I find "Clipboard" and there under "insert assembly copy" and "create interpart-relationships" ... but I do not see an invitation to create an interpart copy. Am I looking at the wrong place

best regards

Hans

Hi @Hans11

reading manuals and watching tutorial videos always is a good issue!

But still open a new part and search for "Einfügen Teilekopie"

Select the ASM and see further options there.

If not sure, press the F1 button for help

regards
Wolfgang

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@hawcad I would expand on this. If you inplace-edit a Synchronous part from the assembly, you do not need to create the Interpart Copy - the Subtract command will let you select parts from the assembly to use those bodies for the subtraction. You can also do it directly from the Subtract command in the Assembly environment.

Greg

Hi @GregLuckett

good point!

Yes You are right!

But the problem heer is, that the "Delete all interior holes" only is available in ordered, not in sync mode.

So You have to change to ordered, delete thos internals and movethat back to sync.

And, if there are more than one single body You also can not modify this that easy in sync.

So if I said "Interpart Copy" which only is the right name when in assembly, I really wanted to say "Part Copy" in part

regards
Wolfgang