How to guarantee concentricity and coplanarity ?

Creator
Creator

I have a hole with another concentric hole starting at it's base. How to enforce concentricity between both?

Also, with several holes on the same plane, how to ensure that their axes are all co-planar ?

6 REPLIES

I'm assuming you are talking about Synchronous mode... To...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I'm assuming you are talking about Synchronous mode... To make the two holes concentric, use the Face Relate tools and create a persistent Concentric relationship.

Use the same process to make their axis' coplanar but use the Coplanar Axis relationship.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Re: I'm assuming you are talking about Synchronous mode... To...

Creator
Creator
How to switch between synchronous and the other mode (ordered I presume) ?

Re: I'm assuming you are talking about Synchronous mode... To...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
In Pathfinder, right click on the header that says "Synchronous" and there will be a "Switch to Ordered" entry. Select it. If in Ordered, it will say "Switch to Synchronous" when you right click on the Ordered header.

Thanks,
Ken

Although Ken's answer is technically correct -- you CAN m...

Experimenter
Experimenter

Although Ken's answer is technically correct -- you CAN make a persistent relationship, you don't need to. This is what Synchronous is all about -- if you draw the holes concentric, they will stay concentric throughout modifications, with no further action from you. If you draw two faces coplanar, they will stay coplanar with no further action from you.

Re: Although Ken's answer is technically correct -- you CAN m...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Dan, can we use the word "guarantee" with Live Rules? My understanding is that Live Rules are not guaranteed to be the same session to session or even edit to edit as the can be turned on/off at will by the user...

Thanks,
Ken

Re: Although Ken's answer is technically correct -- you CAN m...

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Ken, Yes, I think it is "guaranteed" in that it is totally within the control of the user. If he doesn't take any explicit action to "don't enforce" then it will be enforced. It is guaranteed to do what you ask it to do. Unless you say otherwise, that is to keep it concentric.
Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development