Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle heavy part 3d models in solidedge?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

I am facing problem while editing/viewing file of heavy parts file converted from iges/step.

Is there any practice for handling these files easily editable & viewing purpose.

Somnath

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How to handle heavy part 3d models in solidedge?

Pioneer
Pioneer

This file containing mostely surfaces.

Somnath

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Did you run Optimze?

Can you convert the file into an Assembly instead of a Part template? 

Pioneer
Pioneer
run optimise ..means? is there any process?
I can convert this into assembly. but to much files created in folder. so i have choose the option to open in part file.

Thanks,

Somnath

Siemens Phenom

An assembly comprised of many small part files is going to be easier to work with than a single part file that incorporates all of these parts into a single file.  So yes it may create many files on disk but that may be what you have to do to ensure that you can work with data in a reasonable fashion.  Think about… one huge part file or many small files in an assembly; which do you think will have a bigger impact on your performance when working with the data?

When importing the file into an assembly template make sure that the setting "Import Multiple Bodies As Single Part file" In the STEP.ini file is set to On.  This will reduce the number of files you create when importing as an assembly.

As for the Optimize command, you need to understand this if you are going to be working with imported data.  See this post regarding why you Optimize:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Forum/Solid-Edge-ST7-is-sluggish/m-p/3025...

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks!!

Pioneer
Pioneer

Is there any setting for converting iges file to .par like step.ini?

Somnath

Highlighted

Siemens Phenom

The IGES ini file is called seiges.ini