Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide a line in ISO draft?

Creator
Creator

Hello all

I've been making a project in Solid Edge, and I've faced a problem that I don't know how to solve. Please find attached a screnshot of my ISO part file. I indicated in red a line that is appearing on ISO draft, but it should be hidden.

I don't know how to hide this line. I think one way would be to group the cylinder and the base in just one piece, but I don't know how to do that. Or, maybe to use some command to hide the line in the ISO draft, which I don't know either.

How can I solve this issue?

Thanks

João

5 REPLIES

Re: How to hide a line in ISO draft?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hello João,

Is it in the 3D model view, you want to hide the lines [which I think look like they're "Sketch" elements...can be unchecked in pathfinder to hide/show] or is it in the Draft view? If so, can you show a picture of what you're seeing? [there are display properties to control this, indipendantly on each view, or set to affect each as placed]

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP6] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Creator
Creator

Thanks. I'd like that the line marked in red doesn't appear in ISO draft: 

extra-line-draft.PNG

In the ISO part, if I remove it, I cannot make the revolution to build the cylinder. So, I'd like to know a way to build the sketch in the ISO part so that this line doesn't appear in the ISO draft.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Ah, I see......well, the edge line will show, because it finishes there. You'd need to make it tangent to the cylinder face of the model for it to run out on, then it'd not be shown automatically in the draft.  As shown below, the left side is as your model has it, and the right has been made tangent. [applying a fillet at that intersection on the model would also do this

ST7_Draft_PartEdgeTypeDisplay.PNG

Also, you can over-ride the displayed edges, by using the "hide edge" tool.

ST7_Draft_HidePartEdges.PNG

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP6] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

What you are seeing here is the tangent edge - where the support web becomes tangent to the cylinder.

You can control the display of this in the draft display properties. The line style applied to the tangent edge is - tangent meaning that this line does not connect to its end points. To do what you want simply uncheck the tangent edge style.

If you want this to be your default condition then save this as your default draft template.

This video should make it clear.

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

Cheers

Mark

Creator
Creator

Thanks!