How to make a screw nut in Solid Edge?

Experimenter
Experimenter

So, I need to make a screw nut in 3 plans(I'm not sure how to say this in English so no hate please). It needs to be from the side, from the top and from the bottom. How can I make this in Solid Edge? I'm almost completely new to this program and could use any kind of help. Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES

Betreff: How to make a screw nut in Solid Edge?

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Goran571

don't fully understand Your request, but is it true that You want to show a nut  (hexagon screw nut) in a draft i 3 standard views (top, front, left)?

Something like that?

20170421_1704.PNG

Then it is the easiest method to either model the nut as part and create the draft from it  or even easier, use the standard parts library, select any hexagon nut from there and make Your draft from that.

Or, could it be, that You only use the 2D version of Solid Edge and want to draw the nut as 2D drawing?

regards
Wolfgang

Experimenter
Experimenter

Yes, that is correct. Can you explain a bit more clearly how and where to go to make it? Also, if it's not an issue to answer, how did you make the bottom-right part(the one with information)? Big thanks in advance, and sorry for my shallow English.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Goran571

don't know where I'm right at the moment but let's try:

• the bottom right shows the draft header with the automated document information from draft and/or part
    Open as example the DIN draft template and You will see how this is solved in Solid Edge
    By default we put "place holders" into the backround sheet with the title block and there are so called "property text fields" 
    As example %{title} for the title property of the draft document or %{title|R1} for the title property of the first inserted 3D document
    You will see that You will be assisted by the software very much so You have not to know all that syntax
  • if You would like to know how to create a drawing with several views from a 3D part then I think it is the best to work through the tutorials and the "complete training example" at the helper page
    They show You step by step how to do
  • Same will be true for the methods of creating a 3D part
    There are no unique solutions but many ways which all leads to a final result

Hope You will find Yourself pleased with Solid Edge and You will get Your best personal methods to solve Your tasks

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Goran571

don't know where I'm right at the moment but let's try:

• the bottom right shows the draft header with the automated document information from draft and/or part
    Open as example the DIN draft template and You will see how this is solved in Solid Edge
    By default we put "place holders" into the backround sheet with the title block and there are so called "property text fields" 
    As example %{title} for the title property of the draft document or %{title|R1} for the title property of the first inserted 3D document
    You will see that You will be assisted by the software very much so You have not to know all that syntax

• if You would like to know how to create a drawing with several views from a 3D part then I think it is the best to work through the tutorials and the "complete training example" at the helper page
    They show You step by step how to do

• Same will be true for the methods of creating a 3D part
    There are no unique solutions but many ways which all leads to a final result

Hope You will find Yourself pleased with Solid Edge and You will get Your best personal methods to solve Your tasks

regards
Wolfgang