How to make standard UK BSP thread?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

How can I make a hole with standard UK BSP thread? I can only select UNC, UNEF, UN etc.

5 REPLIES

Re: How to make standard UK BSP thread?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

They seem to be under the GB Metric standard. You will see under tapered pipe thread some Rc inch specifications and under straight pipe thread some Rp inch specs.

Edit: Actually they seem to appear under every standard except ANSI Inch. I guess because the British standard is adopted internationally whereas NPT is the standard in the U.S. Also you'd only see UNC, etc. under straight ANSI Inch threads.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

bshand wrote:

They seem to be under the GB Metric standard. You will see under tapered pipe thread some Rc inch specifications and under straight pipe thread some Rp inch specs.

Edit: Actually they seem to appear under every standard except ANSI Inch. I guess because the British standard is adopted internationally whereas NPT is the standard in the U.S. Also you'd only see UNC, etc. under straight ANSI Inch threads.

Yes, we use them in Italy too for water pipes conections.

Due to the different names from male to female threads (Rp vs Rc vs R) they are always reported as interference even with the ignore intreference made by threads. How do you guys handle it ?

Thanks

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Perfect, thank's a lot Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Fiorini,

Due to the different names from male to female threads (Rp vs Rc vs R) they are always reported as interference even with the ignore intreference made by threads. How do you guys handle it ?

You can turn off interference analysis for those parts in occurence properties.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

bshand wrote:

@Fiorini,

You can turn off interference analysis for those parts in occurence properties.

But then I will not have interference check for the part itself.