How to set a specific view config and rotation style when loading or following load

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Folks --

I have a situation where I'm loading a ton of parts (STEP files) into solid edge for nice, stylized images of them.  An example is below.  What I would like to do is either be able to have a macro that rotates the parts automatically (X:45 deg, Y:45 deg) and sets the view options to reflect this orientation and display mode...Or I would like to have a script or push button customization that can do this.  The alternative is that I have several hundred (possibly 1000+) parts that I need to painstakingly open and rotate and change their view options for.  

Does anyone have suggestions on where to start?  Is there a scripting language that I can run inside of the ST6 or do I need to build compiled add-ons?  Is there a command line tool that lets me do this invoking SE from the command line, passing it a file name and some commands, and having it do this automatically?

Any help you can provide would be awesome!!!

Image to follow.

Best regards,

Matt

3 REPLIES

Re: How to set a specific view config and rotation style when loading or following load

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Why not simply take isometric views?
Mark

Re: How to set a specific view config and rotation style when loading or following load

Experimenter
Experimenter

That's possible but none are the ideal angles and too much finagling for the 1000+ parts I've got to do.  Is there a way to create this view and then apply it to each file that I load?  Otherwise it's a lot of manual effort for something I would expect to be able to just hit a button and have applied.  Best if it could be scripted. Any suggestions would be super helpful!

Many thanks,

matt

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You need to use Visual Studio's VB or C or similar if you would like to automate SE.  You can even use VBA in Excel but since Visual Studio Express is free and it gives you more options, I would recommend it.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3