How to show Images/Sketches from 3D in 2D Draft?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello - Is there a way to show images added as sketches (like a label) from the 3D assembly environment in the draft environment when creating a drawing?

I typically create graphics in another program, then import/link to the graphics file. I add it as a sketch in the ASM or part environments and they show well (Though they are a big performance killer in some cases). This is nice for showing clients representative views.

But I have found no way to get these images into the draft environment from the 3D environment.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES

Re: How to show Images/Sketches from 3D in 2D Draft?

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend
Yes. Drawing view properties, Display, select part... click the parts list options button, List sketches, select the sketch, check show, click ok, update the view.

Jason

Experimenter
Experimenter

It does not seem to work for me.

I can get the sketch to list in the tree view, and preview it, but after update - no graphic or difference can be be seen in the main window view.

I played around with the other settings in the "Selected Parts Display" section with no luck.

Included below are the settings I'm using.  Maybe its set wrong?

Sketch in 2D settings.JPG

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

The same situation applies to textures,....you can only display "images" [logo's, etc] applied to part faces, when the draft view is "shaded".

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello, Thanks for the comment!  I think you are talking about Shading and Color settings?

See below mine:

Shading and Color Settings.JPG

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Well, yes, sort of.....I was just saying by displaying the part view in draft, with shading active, is the only way to display any images, or face styles, etc.

It does depend on how you have setup the graphic image.....as an image placed in a sketch, or as a texture applied to a face. The latter being the only way to show it in the draft view.

ST7_Draft_ViewShaing.png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10