Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show weld caterpillar in draft

Hello,

I am trying to find a fast and easy way to display weldments via "caterpillar legs" on a draft. The solution should look something like this ->GUID-0EA6D49E-0570-4F5F-93E5-C303B01445F8.gif. I am using ST4, and any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES

Re: How to show weld caterpillar in draft

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Only good way is to use a shaded drawing view. This will show the caterpillar texture from the part.

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Thank you for the fast response, although it was not exactly what i was hoping for since the texture is not as detailed as i hoped, and the shaded view adds texture to the whole assembly whitch i don't want. I didn't have much time to experiment with this and will look further into this option but i'm a bit sceptical it will work the way i want.

Still thank you very much, the answer was helpful.

Regards,

Marko

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Indeed, it's all or nothing for shaded views.

If the texture has not enough detail, you can use your own texture.

A (crappy) workaround can be:

Draw an arc, multiply it with Array.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge 2019 & AutoCAD 2019 user

We are using that (crappy) workaround right now, but it's very slow and annoying. Another thing i will try is creating a macro, but that will take a long time and a lot of nerves, if possible at all.