Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to split quantities in part list in 3D assembly (using auto part list)

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@12GAGE  Naturally......windows won't let you have the same filename duplicated in a directory. That's got little to do with solid edge though.

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Arek,

I'm looking auto BOM is like, as per the below snap shot.

1st image : geetting like this but i need as shown in the 2nd snap.

Could you please help me on this.

get.jpgreq2.JPG

Gears Phenom

Hi, @Naveen10

I have spotted bizarre behavior of SE.

I have created the ASy using the same file named parts but located each one in different locations.

I have created DWG of this ASY.

but ....

after switching everything off and turn them on again, SE changed the DWG and ASy itself. (previously alarming with the message that there is a file name conflict)

see attached video.

regards,

Arek

(view in My Videos)

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi @arekkul

Thanks for your reply,

Could you please assembly the same components twice on assembly  envronment and create the BOM.

Pioneer
Pioneer

@arekkul your correct, I have understood the pont, In my case, I'm insert the same dimensioned profile. for twice.

Could you insert the square or circular component as second component.

Pioneer
Pioneer

(view in My Videos)
Please have a look.

Legend
Legend

Very confusing to me, why you would want to place the same part twice in an assembly, and see it show as two different items on your bom. I thought you were having same named parts with different material, in different directories. But, you did nothing more than place the same part in twice to your assembly.

I'm following, just to understand the purpose of this request. It already breaks all logic, to me, to have same named parts with a different material. But, I'm sure you have a good reason, and I might learn something new.

Gears Phenom

@arekkulwhat happens if you save the assembly in a totally different directory from the parts?

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Guys, @Trikefreak @arekkul @nominus38

To make clear on my query, please have look on the video.

As shown in the video, with thoese components are fit between with the other components, but thoese components are will be in the different material specification.

We had libraries for the components, but without material specifications. for that reason I am facing the problem in BOM by getting qty. 2nos.

Could please help me to resolve this problem.

NS.JPG

(view in My Videos)

Legend
Legend

I have no idea how to get the results you are searching for. You are breaking any rules that I have worked with: two parts with different material, are NOT the same part (number).

What about the part properties, the Title being different from the other, and have your BOM display the Title? Will it recognize the difference in internal properties? But again, if they are the identical part in the same directory, that won't work, but might if they are in different directories.