How to trim a frame

Hello,

Last time I was preaparing steel frame and I met with following problem. Below I present files where one of them is sketching and second is frame build HEB 1000 but I have a problem how to trim one HEB with other. if someone would show me step by step how to do this?

Thanks for help  

6 REPLIES

Re: How to trim a frame

Hi there,

I managed to reproduce your issue, with no clear setting to automatically handle this....I just applied two cut-outs the angled approaching frame members top & bottom flanges. I did it in two steps so as not to cut away the coping with a "through-all" cut extent.

I can make a screen recording of this, if you need it.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP5] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

[ Edited ]

EDITED:  I noticed afterwards you had a space between the two paths of the coped frames.  When I spaced them out as you had, the last frame ceased to cope to the other one...  Looks like a IR that needs to be logged.

Place each part as a sepaprate Frame feature.  On the 2nd and 3rd feature make sure to turn on "Coping for non-mitred joints".

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP4
Testing: ST10

Thanks for all answers but the problem is that space between HEB1000 must be Smiley Happy why I put sketch with dimensions Robot Happy

Spoiler

Yea, must be... but I didn't use the sketch.  I'm bad at following directions Smiley Very Happy

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP4
Testing: ST10

I believe this work as design.

The line need to intersect for the frame to understand how to cut.

I can provide a request number so you can attach your name to it.

For now extend the lines until they intersect

Apply assembly cut

Is this what you are looking for?

(view in My Videos)

Cheers

Mark Fort